Selecting the right agent to represent you in marketing and selling your house is one of the most important decisions you will make. Here are 12 questions you might want to ask when interviewing and selecting your real estate agent:
- What systems do you have in place that will keep you in contact with me during the period my home is "on the market" and when the home is "under-contract"?
- How automated is your business in regards to computers, communication, and business applications?
- How quickly will you respond to my phone calls, emails and text messages?
- What "state-of-the-art" marketing strategies do you use in marketing your listings, and do you use these strategies for all of your listings?
- What Internet websites will my home be placed on? How will I be able to find my property online?
- What special features and benefits do you see in my home that you will market to other agents and potential buyers?
- What kind of "feedback" do you provide on agents showing my home, and on the results of your marketing efforts? How often will I hear from you?
- How will I know when my property is advertised?
- Can you give me a list of current and past clients that I may call as a reference?
- Why are you personally motivated to sell my house? Can I cancel the listing if I am not happy?
- What are your personal sales statistics in regards to the percentage of listings taken to listings sold, and your average list price to sales price ratio?
- Why should I list with you rather than any other agent?
Asking the right questions will ensure that you find the real estate agent that is right for you!
Contact me today to discuss your home selling options.